Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nothing interesting to report. Ethan's cold hasn't gone away yet. I was hoping he would be over it by now. I think most of his congestion has moved up into his face. He still has a bit of a cough, but it isn't as deep. If I had a nose sucker thingy that had the power of a vacuum cleaner behind it, I could get all of that crud out of his nose! He woke up today in a good mood. I was hoping it would carry all the way through the day. He spent the first hour of the day saying "hi" and waving at everything under the sun and including the sun. This second hour of his day is not going so well. He is whining and or crying for no visible reason. I am about to lay him down early for his nap. Actually I will go do that now. Be back!

:::silence:::

Ok. He's down, but not out. Tomorrow we are all supposed to go to a...well its like a customer appreciation dinner put on by John Deere. Unless something magically happens in the next 24 hours, it looks like Ethan and I will be staying home. He is sick and grumpy. Not fit for having dinner out.
Last night, along side a pulled pork dinner, I tried making couscous. I had never had it before, but have heard about it. And while I was walking through the grocery store yesterday, I noticed it and thought I would give it a try. It was just ok. I don't think I would make it again. Its a rice-like pasta basically. Much smaller grain than rice though. That's the best way for me to describe it. You could always go to Google and look it up. But they did have a couple of types. They had the small grains like I got, and then they had pearled couscous, which is larger. I don't know if that would make a difference or not. So either way, the type I did try, I wouldn't do again. I was excited to try it though.
I also bought corn grits, better known as Polenta. I can't wait to try it! They also make a type called "quick cooking polenta" but I figured I would give the original version a try first. I just need to find a recipe for it. So I don't know if I will get around to it this week or not. Hopefully soon though! Its another one of those things that I have heard about, and want to try, but haven't yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...