Friday, March 18, 2011

Um...Yeah...

Holy crap Batman. It has just been one of those days. It has been long. It has been frustrating. It has been exhausting. Ethan did not nap this morning. He did have about 45 minutes of quiet time in his crib, but that was it. I was doing my best to get some things done around here. Did not happen. I spent what seemed like forever this morning in the kitchen attempting a deep clean of every surface. I managed less than half. Ethan just was not having it. So I gave up. Put the boys down for their naps. Ethan slept an hour. He woke up screaming, so I don't know if he had a bad dream or what. I tried putting him back down, but he never did go back to sleep. He lasted another 40 minutes or so in his crib quietly entertaining himself though.
The evening began is apparently going to end in a massive headache. Ryan has been gone all day and evening. He was almost home, when the fire department got called out on an accident, so he went. I managed fixing dinner, but it seemed to take forever. Really it didn't and it was a simple dinner, but it felt like an eternity. The boys have been off today. Neither being happy very long, neither wanting to play with the other.
Why do days like these take such a toll on me? Its not like they happen all the time, but when they do, it really wears me down. If it wasn't raining, Id go for a walk. In the dark. By myself. I'm so glad today is almost over. Time to go to bed. Reset. Start over. Begin a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...