Monday, August 1, 2011

Finally August!

I am so excited for this month. There will be quite a few things going on in this month. Its only 12 days (or 13, depending how on you want to look at it) until our first family vacation as a family of 4. Its been 3 years since we've had a family vacation, but never with Ethan. Ryan and I are both very very excited about it. We both would love it if we could make it a yearly event. We just don't know if we would have the extra money. And from now on, we would have to go earlier than mid August, due to Dylan in school. There is no way I would want him to miss a week of school within the first month of school starting. Anyway, we are so excited. Excited to do different things. Excited to do nothing. Excited to see the house we rented. Excited to play on the beach. Excited to swim in the private pool! Once we get back from our ever so short week long vacation, we have an orientation for Dylan's preschool, and the following week it starts!
The weekend was ok. I told you about Saturday already. Sunday, Ethan was up way earlier than I ever want to be...as usual. So we made an early morning trip to the grocery store. I took the chance, since Mom still had Dylan. Much easier with just 1 kid. So Ethan and I did that, and were home before 8:30am. Mom brought Dylan back on her way into work. He said he had fun. So I did a few things around the house, and then put Ethan down and hoped he would nap. It was about 10 when I put him down. I didn't know if he would sleep or not, but since we wouldn't be home for his normal nap, it as worth a shot. He did manage to fall asleep. He slept for about an hour. Then we left for a birthday party. We had a rather late lunch, and for some reason, Ethan didn't eat all that much. He also got quite cranky around 3pm. I kind of figured he would, so that's no big surprise. I can't say that I enjoyed myself. Between Ryan and I trying to keep Ethan out of stuff, we were both kind of frustrated and tired. We left around 4:30. Dylan fell asleep shortly into the ride home. Ethan sort of slept. Not really, but sort of. Make sense? Long day. We were glad to go to bed.
Today hasn't been all that great. Ethan is not in a good mood. I did my best to get somethings done around here, and he was just following behind, crying. Tears and all. It got to be very annoying, so I put him in his crib for a time out, while I finished what I was doing. He stopped crying when I shut the door. Its been a while, so at the store I got the stuff to make a chimichurri sauce again. I am so excited for dinner tonight. Steaks with chimichurri and some veggie. Not sure yet. But yum! Chimichurri!

This pic was from a past post about making chimichurri. That's where you'll find the recipe I used if you are interested. I think I will also make rolls. I have been craving some rolls. I am hungry already!

Have a nice week!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have fun on your trip! We aren't going anywhere this year and I am desperate to get away!

    New follower from Bloggy Moms SAHM's

    Jenny @ www.sippycupchronicles.com come visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to a family vacation as well :) A camping trip after my wedding. My fiance is a truck driver so our time together is precious. Following from MBC

    http://proudtruckerwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...