Monday, August 29, 2011

School is Cool

Today was Dylan's first day of preschool. 3 days a week for a few hours each day. It was a bit chaotic with all of the drop offs, but we did our best. The teacher was great about getting all of the kids checked in and and into the classroom. Some kids cried at leaving their parents. Dylan was not one of them. He usually can't wait to get rid of me, haha!
Once we dropped Dylan off, Ethan and I ran to the grocery store. Only it wasn't the one I normally go to. It was hard getting into another store layout, and the people are just not as friendly as what I am used to. I got tired of waiting at the deli and left. There was only one person ahead of me, and I had stood there for 10 minutes while the deli worker attempted to serve her. The employee was just insanely slow. I couldn't stand there any longer. There were store employees standing everywhere. Talking. When I got to the checkout, the bagger left. The cashier was ringing my stuff up, and sending it down the belt to the bagging area, but wasn't paying a lick of attention and my stuff kept falling on the floor!!! She never said 'sorry' or anything. I left a bit upset. It just doesn't make sense to go to the store I am used to going to. So I am going to have to get used to it I guess. We got gas and headed home to unload the groceries.
It was kind of a whirlwind of a morning. It seemed like as soon as we got home from the store that it was time to go and pick him up. Ethan and I went in to get Dylan and we were a bit early. So we waited a little while. Ethan was not patient at all. Little turd. Dylan's teacher would call the kids one by one to the door as she saw the parents. It was very organized. Dylan said he had fun and he likes his school. When I asked him what he did today the very first thing he said was "play outside." I had to pry a little more to get any more information. All he wanted to talk about was what he played with. I'm sure they were busy getting the kids used to the classroom and the teachers. It feels nice to have him in something like this. I hope it will get him ready for kindergarten next year.
Here he is before we left this morning.



Tonight is my first of seven photography classes. I am looking forward to it a lot. I hope it helps me. I am planning to fix dinner a bit earlier than we normally have it. I am worried though that the kids won't be hungry since they had a later than normal lunch. I don't know. We will just see how it all plays out I guess. Wish Ryan luck this evening with the boys! haha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...