Saturday, August 13, 2011

Guest Post!

I am posting an article written by Debbie Morgan. An exercise of the week! Add it to your routine and give it a try!


Exercise of the Week: “Sumo” Squats

by Debbie Morgan


This weeks exercise is called a “Sumo” squat.


Click the example links below for a picure!






Sumo squats work your inner thighs and your gluteus maximus muscles (also known as your “rear end”).

You can perform these at the gym or in your living room, and can hold some weight in front of you for a more advanced routine.

Some tips while doing the Sumo squat:

  1. Keep your back straight so you don’t put too much pressure on your lower spine.
  2. Try to get your legs parallel to the ground to get the most out of the exercise.
  3. Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions, and increase the amount of repetitions as you get stronger.

For more, check out Naturally Fit, the diet and fitness community on Facebook!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally going to try these--I really need to strengthen my gluts...I think it will make me a better runner. :)

    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...