Wednesday, April 20, 2011


We have had a long day. Last night we went to bed a little later than normal. We knew that there was a line of storms headed east. So we stayed up to catch the news at 10 and hear the weather. We went to sleep for a little while. At some point, over Ryan's fire department radio, dispatch warned everyone that a tornado watch had been issued. At that point I flipped on the tv to see if anything was going on. Sure enough. So I watched it for a little while, and Ryan fell back asleep. Again, dispatch came on and warned that we were under a severe thunderstorm warning. That's when we got up and went downstairs. Like I said, we knew these were coming so we were ready. I had a couple of blankets close to the basement door, and had the diaper bag ready for today's errand run, but then I shoved Dylan's shoes into the bag. We wanted to be ready if we had to go to the basement quickly. Thankfully between the satellite and the regular antenna, we were able to stay on the news and watch the radar. Ryan kept debating whether or not to get the kids up. We kept waiting for the wind to pick up. Well we got lucky. I think someone was watching over us. The line of storms lost quite a bit of it's intensity somewhere near the county line. So after a few hours, we felt safe enough to go back to bed. I'm glad that we didn't have to wake the kids and scare them.

We were both so tired when we got up this morning. We had a few errands to run in town and 2 doctor appointments to get to. Ryan had one and Ethan had his 15 month check up. Ryan took Dylan with him while I was at Ethan's appointment. Ethan is 22.5 pounds, and 33 inches tall. He is still in his normal percentages. I think it was 25th percentile for weight and 85th percentile for height. That's why clothes don't fit him well. His noggin is big too. She looked in his ear and it was red, so we were given an antibiotic to clear that up. He doesn't pull at his ear, and hasn't been any fussier than normal, so I was a little surprised. This is the first time the kid has had an antibiotic for anything. So I guess we were due! Haha. So this also meant we had to go to the pharmacy. I don't know about you but I get very irritated with the pharmacy. Their wait time never seems to be under 30 minutes. Drives me nuts. Ethan, bless his little heart held out very well the whole morning. He had been in and out of the car for 4 hours by now. I expected him to totally lose it by this time, but he didn't. He only fussed a little.

So we are home. Boys are napping. I am doing nothing. I dread making dinner tonight, but oh well. Lack of sleep really gets to me. I don't know why. It always has. I tend to get easily stressed and lose a good bit of patience. I am so glad I get this time in the afternoon for myself. I need it. OH! I almost forgot! On this last week's Friday link up, my photo of the blooming tree in front of the house was chosen as a top five! Thank you Jennifer at mcdougall photography.


  1. So sorry you're getting so many storms! We have one of the only houses on our block with a basement -- full and finished. Little peace of mind for us! Glad you survived and hopefully you get some nice weather!

  2. Sorry to hear about the storm and you not getting enough of sleep. I know how it works with kids, and the stress...grrr.... :(
    Hugs from my corner!
    and thank you for your kind comment :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...