Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April showers drown flowers

Another day of rain! Remember my post about a new pond not too long ago? Yeah well its back. We have had a lot of rain since midnight or so. It's crazy. We are supposed to get more tonight. I hope they are wrong about that though. I don't know whether it is from the rain, or the lightning, but the internet has been hit and miss all morning. I am typing this hoping that at some point it will post. As long as the internet stays up long enough. This morning I think I called the phone company 2 or 3 times to complain about the static on the lines. Every.single.time I call, and get connected, it stops. Then the static is gone for a little while, but always comes back. I don't know if there is some weird conspiracy with the phone company or what, but its not funny. They don't believe me when I call to tell them there is static, when for those few minutes there is no static.


Looks like Ryan will be able to go with me tomorrow to town for appointments and errands. It will go much quicker with an extra hand. If it keeps raining, we may need to borrow a boat to get to town. What a weird spring the country has had. Upper plains is getting snow storms. The south west has fire warnings out because they are so hot and dry, and the east is soaking wet and cool. I wish I could pass some of this rain off to the southwest. With all of this rain we are getting, I wouldn't be surprised if it all comes back to bite us in the butt and it turns out to be a very dry summer.


I cannot tell you how glad I am that yesterday is over with. That whole day was "off" from the beginning to the very end. One tiny little thing after another. I didn't sleep well last night either. Tossed and turned a lot. The storms didn't help either. I wanted more than anything for Ethan to sleep in a bit this morning, but he was up at 7. It was still fairly dark because of the clouds and rain. And the rain was softly hitting the windows. I think I could have slept all day listening to that. Apparently Ethan didn't think the same thing.


I did go out a bit in the evening yesterday. It was warm before the rain moved in. I snapped these pictures of another tree blooming. I don't know what kind of tree it is. I don't know much about flowers or trees, and I won't pretend that I do. Anyway, the blooms are just starting. Hopefully I will remember to share more once they are in more.





2 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely! Never seen a tree like that before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures. And those of us in the southwest would happily take some of that rain. :)

    Marla @ www.blueskeiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...