Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sometimes thing do turn out well

Last night's dinner of Honey Chicken turned out well. The recipe called for baking it, but I needed the oven at a higher temp to roast the broccoli and asparagus. So I just cooked the chicken in the frying pan. Still turned out great! I like the flavor on the chicken. It was a simple marinade and very easy recipe to follow. I like that. I used breast tenders instead of breasts, just because they cook up easier. If you are looking for something quick and easy, give it a try. Luckily the recipe called for things that were all ready in the cupboards. Both boys enjoyed the dinner too, that is always a bonus. Ethan just inhaled the chicken. Not much else happening today. The sun can't seem to decide if it wants to be out or not. So one minute it looks so nice out, and the next it makes you want to curl up under a blanket and take a nap. Well it does me at least. Nothing special for dinner tonight either. Steaks with an undecided sauce on top. Hopefully. I found a couple of recipes for a sauce, I'm just not sure if I am going to use them or not. I hope you all have a nice fun weekend. I may try to get Ryan to do something tomorrow. We'll see. I just need to figure out something.

2 comments:

  1. My wife and I are currently trying to get back on track with the South Beach diet so I am constantly looking for recipes that I can tweak just a bit to make it South Beach worthy. The recipe looks great, and I could even get away with the honey and orange juice as long as it's only once a week. I will definitely be trying this one out. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...