Monday, September 19, 2011

Rainy Monday

A day full of rain. We made it out the door to go to school before the rain started. Ethan and I managed to get groceries into the car before it started. By the time we got home, it was raining pretty good. It has been raining all morning and now into the afternoon. Its a cool and gloomy day.
Yesterday I managed to get Ethan's room cleaned up. There was so much junk and clutter in his closet. I ended up with 3 bags of stuff that I dropped off at Goodwill today.There is also 2 whole bags of trash. Insane. His closet became kind of a "catch-all" for us. His room kind of echos now! There was a lot of stuff in there. Ever since they opened the Goodwill store in this town, I have been taking a lot of clothes up there. Its nice to get rid of it without tossing it or having to put on a yard sale. There has been a trend in some of these posts lately. We kind of have a bad habit of setting things aside, putting them away...somewhere. What we should be doing is getting rid of it. So things eventually get piled up where ever we can find a place. But know that we are NO where near the what you see on tv on that show Hoarders. We just stuff closets or shelves and then I get tired of it and get rid of it.
My photography class has been cancelled for tonight. I guess that the instructor is sick. I don't think that it is going to be re-scheduled. It may just be a class that we lose. If this class isn't rescheduled, I will be mad. I mean, there were only 7 classes to begin with. I wanted to learn something from this. So far, I haven't had the chance. So I wanted to show a couple of shots that I had taken for tonight's class. Before the class, I had never shot anything in RAW. I knew about it, but never tried it. He wants us to shoot everything in RAW. So that is what I have been doing. The detail difference is pretty cool. But then once you convert it back to JPEG some of that is lost. At least it was with the software I have. Which, in my head, says that it isn't worth the extra steps. So I don't know. We'll see. I'm not totally sold on RAW. Especially since I am not pro or ever going to go pro. So here are a few. We needed a shot from a "bird's eye view." So I climbed the steps alongside the grain bin, to the top, and snapped a few. I didn't take many because the longer I was up there, the more I began to freak out inside.

Too bad it was such a gloomy day out when I took those. And we also needed a shot from the perspective of "looking through." So I went and snapped these. Although I am not happy with them at all.

Again, another gloomy day. Notice a trend? Yeah. What a gloomy week its been around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...