Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Down with the Sickness

Colds. Why do we have to get colds? And just because Mother Nature decided to chill a bit, doesn't mean that I deserve to be sick. Yes I am sick. The 2 boys have a cold and because they love their mommy so much, they decided to share. Too bad that's the only thing they know how to share. It hit me yesterday with a sore throat and a slight rundown feeling. Overnight last night it kicked in full force. There is so much head congestion, that it makes me feel fuzzy at times. I dug out a cold pill just a while ago, and I am really hoping it helps with the pressure and the constant runny nose. Sleep last night was sparse...but for a number of reasons. The dog is lucky that I didn't throw her outside last night. I don't know what she was doing but it sounded like she was chasing her tail....off and on for hours and hours. She sleeps upstairs with us, but in a different room and in a large cage. She has plenty of room to stretch out if she wants. Well last night it sounded like she had plenty of room to run circles as well. The reason I heard it last night is because last night was the first night that we didn't have a fan running. So it was all quiet. Well except for the frickin dog.
Remember yesterday that I said I wanted to get a bunch of stuff done in the kitchen? So didn't happen. I cleaned and organized the top of the fridge. Somehow it was sort of a "catch all" location. Then I decided to get off of the chair, because like I said earlier, my head was a bit fuzzy. So I moved on to an easier activity. I cleaned out the summer clothes from Ethan's room. There is a large bag of clothes that are too small or are for summer time that are now ready to go to donation. Then I went through and did the same from Dylan's room. Only those are being saved for Ethan. Ethan's drawers are nearly empty right now. The few long sleeve shirts that I saved from Dylan at this age are still too big. When I saved Dylan's clothes, I had hoped that Ethan would be able to use them. But the seasons aren't matching up as well as I hoped. I am going to have to get a few winter clothes for Ethan I think. Good thing Christmas is coming up. I won't have to buy much.
Speaking of all of that, Dylan's birthday is coming up in just over a month. I have no idea what we are going to do, when we are going to do it, or what to get him. People are going to want gift ideas, and I don't have a single clue. He doesn't seem into any one thing. Not much holds his interest. He doesn't play video games. The only thing he seems to enjoy doing is getting into trouble. As far as I know, they don't make a gift for that.
Cross your fingers for me that we all get over this cold....SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...