Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Wednesday

Yesterday was much better than Tuesday was. Tuesday evening after dinner, we took the boys up to Ryan's parents' to stay all night. I was getting up early with Ryan to go with him when he hauled pigs. So we got up before the sun and left the house. Getting up that early was not easy. But I did. This was the first time going with him since he has been doing this. Almost a year ago. It was interesting. I didn't do much, just watched. When a bunch of pigs get together, they really really smell bad! The smell was nothing new though. Luckily it wasn't all that warm that early in the morning. There was more driving involved than anything else.
They load pigs from the barn and into the trailer. One or 2 people are inside the barn getting them out of the pins and through the chute, into the trailer. The person in the trailer, gets them in and makes sure they stay in and in pins. They then go to another barn. One person in the trailer sends out so many at a time, to the people inside the barn where they sort them and put them in pins. That's a basics description of what goes on.

The driver's side of Ryan's truck


Looking down the side of the livestock trailer


And a local grain elevator...just because

Not much going on today. We had some storms roll through in overnight. For a while it looked really bad, but once they hit the state line, they died out a lot, thankfully. We got lucky. Again, I am thankful. I had all of the stuff laid out by the basement door ready to go. The power did flash, but it stayed on. It's been cloudy all day, but that is a good thing, because without the sun, it will stay cooler and there will be less of a chance of storms being severe. I wanted to get most of the house cleaned up, but only managed the living room. I got it picked up and swept and also cleaned the carpet. I am so glad I was able to get that done. Ethan is supposed to be sleeping, but he is not. Dylan is in and out of his room when he is supposed to be resting. We don't have much going on this weekend, but that is good. I hear gas prices are going back up and I am not wanting to spend any more money driving much. We may go out to dinner with friends on Saturday night, but we'll see. We don't get to see them much, so when they ask, its hard to say no. We'll see if things work out.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get to go to dinner with your friends! My husband hauls grain in the fall, and I always enjoy going with him to pick up and drop off loads at different grain elevators. As boring as it is, it is nice to spend some alone time together to just talk.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice. Ryan hauls grain off and on through the year, but yeah mainly in the fall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...