Monday, December 19, 2011

Less than one week

...and Christmas is here. I am so excited. Like I have said before, it snuck up on me, but I think that after today, I am ready. I am waiting on the last of Dylan's gifts to get here and then I will finish wrapping all of the gifts. I got most every one's wrapped over the weekend. I think I finished the grocery shopping for the meal on Christmas eve. I don't think I forgot anything! At least I hope not. The rest of the week will be filled with some baking that I can do ahead of time, and gift wrapping. After Wednesday, Dylan is out of school until after the new year. Someone want to take my kid for a week? No? Well I tried.
Over the weekend, Dylan was with my grandparents. Ethan and I spent the morning on Saturday out running errands. Last minute gifts, some groceries and then home. I also made a batch of cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. Ever since I was given my bread maker, I have been making cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. This year though, I wont have much time Christmas eve to make anything like that. So I found a method here on the Internet, that told me how long to pre-bake them and then on Christmas morning, while we are opening gifts, they will finish baking, and we will have hot and fresh cinnamon rolls. They are in the freezer now just waiting for us. The kids will love them!
I am so tired right now. It seems like this morning flew by. I rushed around all morning getting the kids out the door and Dylan to school, then we rushed through the grocery store because I had another stop I had to make before we picked Dylan up. All Ethan has wanted to do all morning is eat. Finally at lunch, I stuffed him full of food and then sent him off to nap time!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I love all of the Christmas anticipations. I think Christmas comes faster each year, it sort of snuck up on me this year too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and Merry Christmas to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i am so ready for christmas to be here! just finished wrapping gifts tonight and making cinnamon rolls tomorrow! merry christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...