Wednesday, December 21, 2011

4 Days...right?

Yeah, yesterday was rough. We are past it, and I think I'm going to leave it at that. Really the only thing I managed to get accomplished was making the sugar cookie dough. I am adding sugar cookies to the list of desserts for my Christmas Eve menu.
Every single gift is wrapped now. Some things are under the tree. Most stuff is still upstairs hidden away. Today was the last day of school for Dylan until after the new year. It just maybe a long week in between Christmas and New Years. Today is also the first time we have seen the sun in a few days. Its nice. It helps improve the mood. I think that I have said that a few times here. But really, it does. I got some of our Christmas cards hung up. I have a picture to show you:
They are hanging facing the kitchen. Behind them is the dining room. I have more to add, but I just didn't get to it yet. I have so much stuff that I didn't get accomplished today. And it probably wont happen this evening. The evenings around here are busy enough with dinner and dinner clean up. I wish I didn't have to cook dinner at all this week. Well except for Christmas eve dinner.
This morning it was raining, kind of hard. The rain was hitting the window, it was extra dark and at 8 am both kids were still asleep. I had to wake them up this morning to get going. Now, in this next week and a half that we wont have to be out the door at a certain time, they wont do that again. Mommy will be up early with Ethan, the early riser.

2 comments:

  1. My daughter was done with school last thursday, it'll be a long 2 weeks for me too. But we can make it, right??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we can Megan...its just a taste of whats to come in the summer, lol! ...That sounds bad. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...