Thursday, December 8, 2011

Food...

...that is all I am thinking about right now! I am so hungry or some reason. I ate lunch. Just hungry.
I feel productive this morning. I got a lasagna put together so that all I have to do tonight for dinner is toss it in the oven. I knew that if I didn't assemble it early, that I would never feel like doing it later. I made it with whole wheat noodles, which I have never done before. Actually I have only made lasagna once or twice, so its not like its every month. I'm excited for the whole wheat. Its bath night too, which is the perfect night to serve lasagna. I know Ethan will be a mess!
After the lasagna, I worked on making the hot cocoa mix that I am making for Dylan's gift exchange at school. I had enough ingredients to make quite a few batches so that each kid will get a decent amount of cocoa mix as their gifts. I will show you all the final product once it is ready. That took a while. You have to break the mix down into a very fine powder so that it will dissolve when you go to make your hot cocoa. And since I don't have a food processor, I used my blender. And had to do it in very small batches. I need to run it all through one more time I think. That will happen another morning. After Ethan went down for his nap and Dylan was in his room for quiet time, I bathed the dog. She wasn't thrilled, but neither was I. I don't think it helped much though. I need to find some sort of doggy perfume for her.
We finally have some sun today. We haven't seen that for a while. Its a nice change and helps improve the mood. I think that I am going to make Ryan drag the tree out of the basement this evening and help me put it up. This month is moving a lot faster than I thought it would. If I'm not careful, it will be Christmas before I know it, and I still wont have the tree up! He wont be thrilled about it, but I will bug him until he does.

2 comments:

  1. MM, i love lasagna - don't worry I've only made it once too. It was delicious, but I think I will try whole wheat next time too, the whole wheat pasta has such a good flavor!
    I hope your hubby doesn't give you a hard time about the tree - it's time LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! I only had to ask him twice. He didn't complain once, suprisingly, lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...