Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Well I was able to go into the preschool with the other mom. Ryan's mom came down this morning and stayed with the boys so that I could go. It was an interesting experience. I have never seen a preschool at work. The only experience I have with one is what I see when I pick Dylan up that one day a week. The class has a teacher and an assistant. There is usually one parent who volunteers as well. Right now there are 16 kids in the class. They say a prayer at the beginning, along with the Pledge of Allegiance at the beginning of the class. They were given the chance to play in different areas of the room and the teacher would bounce around and give bits of her time to each group of kids. They had story time, they talked about the story, and then were given a chance to run and play in an open area. After, they got a snack and it was back to business. Again they went into groups and did various activities. They counted, wrote, and did letters, read stories, and colored. They had a way of doing things and the kids were all nice, mannered and behaved. I was told the first week they start, that they ease into all of this. They give the kids a chance to learn their ways and what they are supposed to do. Of course there is much more to their day and what they do. But I was pleased with what I saw. Compared to where Dylan is at now, its very organized and well put together. So hopefully we will be able to get into it. There aren't a lot of preschool programs here in our area.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...