Saturday, February 19, 2011

Today feels weird. Almost feels like Sunday, although I have NO idea why. Yesterday afternoon I took Dylan to my mom's to stay for the night. He was as always, excited to go. They always do things together, and he stays busy and entertained. After I dropped him off Ethan and I just came home. Ryan was just getting home as well. We stayed in. Ethan was tired and grumpy and all I wanted was a quiet peaceful evening. I had a pot roast going in the oven for dinner, and as soon as I stepped in the door, I could just smell the wonderfulness coming from the kitchen.
I had a small chuck roast that I seared off, then added a few carrots and beef broth to the pan. I seasoned it with (dried) rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and about 3 bay leaves. It was great! It had been slow roasting all afternoon, so when I took it out at 5:30 it was just falling apart! Ethan loves the carrots when they are done up that way. So we had a quick dinner, with very little cleanup. Ethan was in bed shortly after 7 due to his lack of napping earlier in the day.
Today we didn't do much either. I picked Dylan up shortly after lunch from my mom's. He was less than thrilled to come home. He had fun with ma-maw and that is what matters. Both boys are down and out for the count. They were both pretty tired. So I hope this nap does them well and they wake up in a good mood.
Ryan is working today. I had hoped to be able to go with him but it didn't work out. So tomorrow he is supposed to be home all day and I am going to take that opportunity to go out by myself. Alone. I need a few clothes. I don't own many clothes. I hate shopping for them, so I just get what I need and get out. But I do need some more, so I guess I have to go. It is such an awful experience for me that I would rather do it alone! I intend to just take my time and do what I want to do. I don't get much time away from the kids. Days like these come less than once a month for me. So I am really looking forward to the day.
Have a nice weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I hope your shopping experience isn't awful and you have fun and get some good deals! Old Navy is having another big sale I hear so you might want to swing by their clearance. Last time I got like 10 shirts for $12.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I was hoping they'd have something. Sometimes thier fit is weird though! I think a lot of thier shirts are a longer, slender fit, ya know? But I was still going to go in there and look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a nice time and got some stuff you needed :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...