Friday, June 18, 2010

Hmmm where to start. Yesterday mom had Dylan. She had kept him overnight, so I went back to pick him up. On our way home, we ran to town to try to find a swing. I have been wanting an infant swing to add to Dylan's play set so that while we are out there I can put Ethan in it. But I am having no luck. I certainly don't want to buy one online and pay all of the shipping costs. So we headed home after a wasted detour. My brother called and wanted to stop out and see the boys. He stayed for a while and was able to spend time with both of them. Dylan started getting tired, and was acting horribly, so I put him down for his nap. Ethan also took a decent nap for once. He and I had got up for the day at around 7:30 and he only had a 10 minute nap in the car. When he went down for his nap it was almost 1pm. Poor kid was tired. He napped for almost 3 hours. In Ethan's world, that is unheard of. But it was nice.

So the evening hits and everyone is awake. I had Ethan in his bouncy chair and was going to go get Dylan up from his nap. I handed Ethan a toy to play with and started to leave. Well, he started shrieking. I went back to him to see what was wrong, and noticed at that point that he had his front bottom 2 teeth pop through!!! I really had no idea anything was close to coming through. He hasn't had any white spots on his gums, and of course, he has always been a drooler, so I was surprised to see these teeth. Maybe that's what he was doing for almost 3 hours during his nap! He is growing so fast! He is 5 months old today as well!

Then at some point yesterday evening, Dylan pooped in the potty, 2 times. Very little each time, but I was happy that he recognized that he had to go and actually did it. When he was done, he remembered from a long time ago, that I had bought that small car to give him once he pooped in the potty. So he asked for it, and I went ahead and gave it to him. Now, he still pooped in his diaper overnight. But really at night I don't think he can control it. As long as he is relaxed and comfortable, I think it just happens. While I am not going to get my hopes up too high, it would be nice if him actually pooping in the potty last night was a turning point. I hope I can get him to do it again today. If he does it during his nap though, I know I won't be able to get him to do it in the potty.

So that was our day yesterday. I'm feeling that I left something out, but I am drawing a blank. Oh well.

Here are a couple of pictures of the boys. The first one is Dylan at 5 1/2 months, and the second is Ethan at 5 months. Ethan was wearing one of Dylan's old onsie, so I thought I would take a picture of him in it too.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...