Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What's New?

I have sat down I don't know how many times to write this post, but never seem to get anywhere.

Its been in the works for months now. We will be moving. Sometime. Sometime in the next couple of months, hopefully. My in laws bought a new house and will be moving out of the house on the main part of the farm. We will then be their new renters in their old house. There are a few things they are having done in their new home, and then we will be changing a couple of things in our new home before we can all move. It will all be for the best I believe. The biggest bonus in this whole deal??? Dylan will be in a school district that we actually like. I wont have to worry about getting him enrolled in district that we don't live in and driving him to and from school each day. We will happily be in a decent district. And we couldn't be happier about that. Its a big weight taken off of our shoulders.
So in preparation for this move, whenever it happens, Ryan and I have already bought new carpet and are looking into flooring for the dining room and kitchen. We also bought new living room furniture. We didn't really mean to buy it so early, but we went into a local store one day just to look. They had something on sale that we liked, and somehow we ended up buying it. They are holding it for us for a month. But we are almost up on that month. So we aren't sure what we are going to do once we run out of that time slot, haha! Wait and see I guess. But yeah, we had no intentions of buying that day. But I'm not all that picky and neither is he. We saw something we liked and just went with it. Easy!! Love it.
And in the last 2 weeks, I have been packing stuff around the house. The dining room is ready to be moved. Everything is packed. Actually the dining room is where I am storing most of the stuff that I am packing. So that room is kind of a mess right now, but it works. I'd say that about half of the stuff in the kitchen is packed. Aside from food and the stuff that I use on a weekly basis. Ethan's room is in boxes, aside from his clothes. But there wasn't a lot in his room really. Pictures are off the walls and things are about to get bare around here. I still have quite a bit of stuff that can be packed ahead of time. But I am getting there and it feels good.
Last week I went to empty the attic. I got some stuff out and downstairs. But before I could finish the half of the attic I was working on, I caught a glimpse of something on some boxes in the corner. You know what I THINK it is??? A shedded snake skin. Am I sure? No. Am I going to get any closer to find out? Hell no. Snakes terrify me. TERRIFY!!!! I hate snakes I hate snakes I hate snakes!!! Needless to say, I am done in the attic. I told Ryan that he is going to have to drag all of those boxes out and then I will deal with them. But you can bet your ass that this girl is not going back into that frickin attic. I am DONE!
So that's been the latest happenings here. I am doing my best to get everything that I don't use on a weekly basis packed away. When it comes time to move our stuff, I want to be ready. I don't want to be packing at last minute. It is much easier to do it room by room now, when I can have time to go through things rather than at the very last minute. So there will only be one room in this house that is cluttered. There is too much stuff in this house to be waiting until the last moment too. I would drive myself crazy rushing around.

1 comment:

  1. Oh- so much going on for you. I know moving & everything that comes with it is stressful- but in the long run, it sounds like this is going to be a very good thing for you all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...