Monday, April 5, 2010

We had a good Easter weekend. Saturday we went up to Ryan's mom and dad for dinner. Dinner was good. Ethan was passed around and held by all. He was a very good baby. Dylan was also a good boy. He got to play with his cousin, which always makes him happy. The 2 of them also did a little egg hunt. Dylan was thrilled at the money he got in the eggs. It was a nice warm day out, but it was so windy. Sunday we went to my mom's side of the family for lunch. Dylan got to play with all of the kids there too. He was a very good boy. Ethan again was passed around. Most of that part of the family hadn't met Ethan yet. He did his best to nap, but his sleep was pretty broken. But he slept great last night. He didn't fuss until 4 am and then I fed him. And we got up just before 7.
Took Dylan to school today. When I went to pick him up, he didn't want to leave. They were all outside playing.
We are getting the first storms of the season this evening. Just south of us they are pretty nasty. We've got the thunder and lightning right now. The satellite was out for a bit. I hope the bad storms stay south of us. We don't need any of that! I enjoy watching the storms roll in. I like seeing them from a distance, but I don't like those severe ones over us. Being home by myself with the 2 boys during a bad storm scares me.
Last year we got a few bad storms close by. One evening we did have a small tornado touch down in the county. I asked Ryan not to leave (he is on the fire dept, and during tornado warnings the dept goes out to the corners of the township as storm spotters). It got pretty bad there for a while. He and I were ...ok as I type its starting to hail. Great...yep, pea sized hail. Anyway, Ryan and I were standing outside on our porch and we heard a rush of wind and a roaring sound on the south side of the house. Sure enough a f-0 tornado had gone through. Obviously it didn't do much damage. There was some damage to a house and a barn and of course trees were down, but the next day you could follow the path through the trees.
Its taken me probably 30 minutes or so to type all of this up and I think that the storm has moved on. No more hail. We got a torrential downpour for about 10 minutes as well. Dylan told me just a few minutes ago that he was starting to get scared as he hugged me. I tried to explain to him what was happening. He's fine now. Id hate for him to be terrified of storms. Ok, well enough for now. Things are calm and quiet again for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...