Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ever since Ethan got sick, he became a wonderful sleeper. He would nap like a baby should. Well as of today, I think that is over. He is back to his short naps that I hoped had gone away. Its so exhausting. He has had 3 naps today. 3, because he woke up at 6:30 this morning!!! Only one of these 3 naps has been over 30 minutes. Now that he is up from this 3rd nap, he is wonderfully grumpy! Ahhh...is it my bedtime yet?!
We are still working on the whole poop thing with Dylan. Our latest attempt seems to be failing miserably. We have been leaving him in underwear for his nap. Hoping that since he is in underwear he won't poop. I tell him, and he knows, that I can see and hear him on the monitor, and all he has to do is tell me if he has to go to the bathroom and I will take him. So I put him to bed, and he has later told me that he needs to pee. So we go the to bathroom, he pees and goes back to his room. The last 2 days, he has fallen asleep right after that, and then poops in his underwear. Ugh. So today, before I put him down for his nap, Ethan was napping, so I made Dylan go to the bathroom, and made him sit there for near 20 minutes trying t get him to poop. He peed, but no poop. He started to get upset, because he wanted to get up. Fine. So I put him to bed, and told him again, not to poop in his underwear. Well, Ethan woke up, and I went to get him, fed him a bottle. While I was feeding Ethan the bottle, I saw Dylan get out of bed and start playing with his toys. After I fed Ethan, I went in there to tell him to get back in bed. I smelled him. He had pooped. In like 10 minutes or so of me leaving his room!!!!! Before today, I thought maybe he was pooping during his sleep. Nope. He was awake when he did it. So leaving him in his underwear is not working. What will!?
Enough for now. Ethan is getting shrill in his shrieking.

1 comment:

  1. Darn :( Not looking forward to potty training. Maybe try a rewards chart? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...