Monday, May 10, 2010

It wasn't the best weekend, but only because Ryan had to work all weekend. For Mother's Day, Ryan got me a card from him and the boys and also got me a ficus bonsai tree! I never really expected a bonsai tree. It is interesting though. I have to learn proper care of this thing apparently. On the tag of the tree it says that it is 'resilient'. Which for me is good. I'm not the best at caring for house plants. He bought me a cala lilly plant years ago, and that poor thing didn't make it past a couple of months. The only thing we have to worry about with the tree is keeping it in a good spot for sun, while keeping it away from the cats. So we'll see how this goes. I will do my best. He didn't think that I would like my gift, but I do. It's different, and unexpected.


Unlike the last few mornings, Ethan actually slept past 6:30 this morning. I had to wake him up today. Unfortunately we had to be up at 7 to get Dylan to school. I would have loved to actually sleep a little longer. Why he had been waking up at the crack of dawn is beyond me. It wears me out though.
I took down the bed rail on Dylan's bed last night. He had put a hole in the mesh a while back and just kept making it bigger. So instead of letting him rip the mesh apart, I just took it down. He did fine without it. I didn't really think he would fall out of bed anyway. When I picked Dylan up from school, we had to empty his pockets. He had filled both jacket pockets with gravel....silly boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...