Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekend Recap

It's been a while since I've posted. Sorry about that. So Wednesday I spent the day making a lot of deviled eggs and even more rolls! Dylan didn't have school on Wednesday, so he was in the living room watching movies while I was in the kitchen. Ethan did whatever. He stayed mainly in the kitchen with me and left Dylan alone.
Thursday of course was Thanksgiving. It started out a little rough, because we were late leaving. On the way, the front brake started to stick on the car. It happens from time to time. Luckily we were almost to my Aunt's when it happened. Food was good and I ate way too much. It was a nice day all around and we got to see a lot of family that day. Ethan had a short nap on the way home. Both boys were in bed a little early that night.
Friday morning, I took Dylan to mom's so that he could spend some time with her. He was thrilled of course. He ended up staying 2 nights! The second night after Ryan came home, we ended up going out to eat. I was craving mexican food! Ethan ate well and was pretty good for the most part. Dylan came home on Sunday morning. He said he had fun. I don't think he was ready to come home actually. And you would think that the boys would get a long well after being apart for a whole weekend. Yeah not so much.
Today was back to normal. Dylan had school. Ethan and I got groceries. It has been raining for 2 days now. And I guess we have a whole other day of rain to go. Dylan was so excited to get back to school. We had to get Ethan a new car seat. He has outgrown his current seat with his height. He outgrew that car seat much sooner than Dylan did. I think Ethan is taller up top rather than in his legs. So I ordered one like Dylan has. It should be the last seat we have to boy for him because it will change as he grows. Why do car seats have to be so expensive?!
We don't have plans for the week ahead. I am itching to get the rest of my Christmas shopping behind me. But I am trying to wait until the things I want go on sale. Dylan needs another game for his leapfrog thingy. I know he is getting one for Christmas, so I guess I will get him another. He enjoys that game system, but doesn't play it all the time, which is great. Its nice for quiet time in the afternoons. It gives him the down time that we both need. I still don't know what to get for Ethan.I want to get him something that he will actually like. I just don't know what that is yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...