Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekend Review

Ethan has a cold. I don't remember exactly when it showed up, but it did. He's been awfully moody, and very snotty. He has a shorter fuse than normal. Its been fun...can you pick up on my sarcasm? Saturday morning, I had mom come over and she went with me and the boys to the city for some errands. We got there early and managed to beat the Saturday crowd. I was worried about how busy things would be, and that's why I didn't want to take both boys alone. So we did our errands, and stopped for lunch before heading home. Ethan didn't eat much, and really didn't want to sit still for the meal. But we managed. It was far from a nice relaxing lunch, but honestly, its expected with Ethan. Afterwards, we dropped Dylan off to spend the day with Ryan and papaw in the fields.
I kept the boys up later that night to prepare for the time change. I had hoped that by keeping them up later, they would then sleep later and not be up so dang early. Ethan blew my plan out of the water. That kid was awake at 5:30 in the morning on Sunday! He totally robbed me of my extra hour! It made for such a long day. He had the cold, then he was tired because he was up so stinking early. So he wasn't in the best of moods. Sunday we did nothing. Nothing at all which was fine.
I don't think people understand how difficult Ethan can be. Maybe difficult is the wrong word. Challenging? Maybe that's better. He whines, and cries quite a bit throughout the day. And really for no reason at all. At least no reason to me or even to Dylan. There are days that I will be busy trying to do things around here, and apparently I am not paying enough attention to him, even though he is always right there, that he will decide enough is enough and just follow me and cry. He hates when I leave him. Whoever gets stuck with him, has to listen to him scream. Only he decides when he is done screaming too. If you do something wrong while he is eating...look out. He will get mad, scream, toss things out of his way and then he will either continue to scream or he will whine until you remove him from the table. He has flipped out on us a few times while eating. He is the way he is and no one is going to change that.
Ok, I'm done with that I guess. I wanted to point out an article that I ran across this morning online. I guess it is from the New York Times. It is called Sleep Medication:Mother's New Little Helper. If you click the title, it will take you to the article so you can read it. It talks about how more and more, Moms are seeking the help of medicines to go to sleep at night. First it starts talking about how Moms have a hard time shutting down their thoughts at night. It quotes a few women basically saying that they can't fall asleep because they can't stop thinking about this or that. Or that they wake up at 3am and can't fall back asleep because they are just thinking.
I know that I have talked about that before. It happens to me all of the time. I have tried an over the counter sleep aid too. Tylenol makes a pill called Simply Sleep that I have tried. For me it didn't really work. I hear all of the time how addicting they can be and that has been what has kept me from trying other brands. I don't want to get into that habit. Anyway, it wanted to mention it, because I could totally relate to it. So if you get a chance, go read it. It is a 2 page article, so make sure you read both. Here is the link again (just making it easy for you): http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/fashion/mothers-and-sleep-medication.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&smid=fb-share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...