Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm not going to bore you with most of my weekend details. Sunday we went to the base to see Kyle leave for his deployment. Everyone was supposed to be down there at 5 am. It was mainly just an opportunity to spend time with your soldier right before they left for the airport. We had just over an hour before they left. A couple of Sergeants said a few words and a local Veterans group came for support and offered a few words. It was nice to be able to see them leave, but at the same time I felt awkward. I just didn't know what to say really. We talked a little, mainly small talk. Once it got closer to time to leave their Sergeant had them all stand in formation for pictures and encouragement. I still don't know what to say, even as I type this out. Kyle called mom yesterday evening and told her he made it to their next stop. They are in Wisconsin for a month before leaving the States. For this next month he has his cell phone. Although, I don't know how much access he will have to it. They may or may not be busy. Ok, like I said, I don't know what else to say. I took some pictures though.








A small group of Veterans came for support.

Since there were so few of them, this is how they left for the airport. There were 2 private vehicles taking them. You can see Kyle looking out the back window. See you soon! Come home safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...