Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I can't believe that it is December already. It feels like his year has flown by. I'm sure December will do the same. And around here December came in like a lion. I know that is only supposed to apply to March, but oh well. Its been snowing here all morning. Yesterday the high was in the mid 50s, and now we will be lucky to get to the mid 30s. If the ground were colder, than all of this snow would have stuck. But most of it is melting away. There is a light dusting in most places though. Its pretty. And I am so glad that I do not have to go out and drive in it. Ryan is out working, hauling beans with the semi, and he said he has seen so many accidents around the county. People get stupid around here when it snows a bit. The whole week is supposed to be cold. I think winter has decided to stick around. I don't care so much for the winter. I'm a warm weather person. Not a hot weather person, but warm weather. Now that December is here, I swear a switch flipped inside of me. I want my tree up now! If it weren't in a box in the basement, I would be setting it up right now. Its a bit heavy, and awkward for me to push or drag it up the steps from the basement. So our tree process will probably go like this...I will pester the crap out of Ryan for a few days before he finally gives in and drags the tree out of the basement. He will probably do this while I am cooking dinner. So he will leave the box in the dining room. It will sit there for 2 or 3 days before I pester him more to drag it in the living room and help me put it up. I need help with the top part. I'm not tall enough. And the bottom is too wide for me to get close enough with a chair to stick the top on. Then it will sit un-decorated for almost a week before I get tired of looking at it and moving the branches around. I will decorate it one day while the boys are napping, then obsess about the way it looks for a couple of days before I finally leave it alone. That's how it goes every year.
Boys are good. Ethan is extra cranky this week. Its getting a bit tiring and frustrating. Dylan spent Saturday night with Ryan's mom and dad. They took him to the parade that I mentioned. He says he liked it. I don't think he has ever been to one, so I am sure he did enjoy it. They kept him until the next evening. I'm sure he really enjoyed the one on one attention. I don't think we have any plans for the weekend. Ryan works one day this weekend, but I'm not sure which day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...