Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekend Review

We didn't do a whole lot, but it sure didn't feel like a weekend. Saturday was miserably cold. We had gotten a bit of snow overnight, so it was a pretty day. But very cold. The kids and I didn't do much. Dylan watched movies and I got some more stuff packed up. I really should show you a picture of my dining room. It is a cluttered mess. But at least stuff is packed and ready to go. I can deal with the boxes in the dining room for a few more days. At least I can stick all of that stuff in there though. Saturday evening, we went over to moms to help her out with something. We had a couple of free pizzas coming too us from Papa John's so we collected and went to mom's with pizzas in hand. Is there anything better than free pizza? Not a lot, no. We didn't stay too long, because with the winds and the re-freezing we were afraid the roads were going to get worse. It took us about 45 minutes to get home compared to the 20 or 25 it normally takes.
Sunday we went up to Ryan's parents for lunch. The boys and I came back home in time for Ethan's nap. While he was napping, I went back to work on packing. I worked on the upstairs this time. I know it may seem like this whole packing thing is taking me forever. Well, yes and no. It does take twice as long as it should with kids under your feet. There are some days when I wont mess with that stuff at all and then there are others where that is all I will do. If I had 2 or 3 days of no kids at all, Id have this house all packed up and ready to go in those 2 or 3 days. But working around these 2, can be a little more time consuming. I will get there. Honestly, there isnt a whole lot left. I will be able to keep myself busy for a few days doing it, but so much of it is last minute stuff. If I knew exactly what day we'd be moving then I could decide just how much of that last minute stuff I could live without for a couple of days. But until I know for sure, there is just some stuff that I cant put away.
Oh! Food! I came across a recipe the other day online. It is for what they call "black bean brownies." Im not sure if I would call it a recipe, because its only 2 ingredients and it is beyond simple. I hope to give it a try here in the next few days. I will let you know how they turn out. I want to make hamburgers tonight for dinner. I am always looking for a way to make really great hamburgers at home. I just haven't found it yet. That's what I need to go do right now though. Search the internet for yet another hamburger recipe.
Hope you had a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...