Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I've been complaining alot

...and you're about to hear more. So it you don't want to hear it, then I understand and you better leave now.

Monday night, grocery day eve, we got some rough weather. The lightning was crazy. It was pretty much constant! The clouds were so scary. It was almost dark outside, but still enough light you could make out the shapes of the clouds. But then with the lightning, it made them look even scarier. I wanted to take pictures of them, but knew the picture probably wouldn't turn out. So anyway, storms in the area, meant that our electric went out. It didn't go out right away though. It went off and on with the lighting strikes for about 1-2 minutes. Not good on the circuits in the house. Finally it just went out. And didn't come back on. We missed the worst of the storm. We didn't get much rain out of it all either. I think the power company needs to get some better equipment down in this area, instead of having to run down here to fix it every month.
We went to sleep that night with no power. Thankfully the house stayed cool. We slept in the living room because upstairs would have been to hot. Ryan and I didn't sleep well at all. I don't think the boys knew anything was going on.  So we both woke up pretty tired. Ryan was out the door about 5am that morning. The day started cloudy which helped the house stay cool. With it being so miserably hot outside again, I was worried about how fast it would heat up in here. But it wasn't really that bad. Ryan borrowed a generator from a friend to get the fridge going again. Like I said, Monday was grocery day, so once again the storms pick a bad day to show up. The fridge was off overnight, so I ended up losing some milk, but everything else seems to be good to go. We made it through the day. It would have been easier, if Ethan wasn't so grumpy that day. He was grumpy from the start and it didn't get any better. He picked a bad day to have a bad day.
About 4pm Tuesday the electric came back on. 18 hours without power. That sucks. And I know I have said it before on here, but when we don't have power, we don't have running water. So we took showers right away. I was so happy to have the water back on. It felt so nice to have a cool shower. We had a nice easy dinner and relaxed a bit.
So after I get this written out, once my coffee is gone, (I didn't get any coffee yesterday..it would have helped.) I need to get a few things done around here. Thursday the boys and I are going to a friends place for a play date for the kids. Last time she came up here, so this time we are going down to her place. Its not too far away, about 30 minutes. I think if she had more time off of work, we'd get together more during the week. Right now though, Thursdays are it. Then this weekend, probably Saturday, we are having another family over for dinner. Just because. Ryan is going to put some ribs and chicken legs in the smoker. Its been a while since we have done that so we can't wait. It it supposed to be back up in the 90s again this weekend though. Yuck. At least we can all eat inside. The bugs seem to be pretty bad around here this year. Gnats and mosquitoes. And I don't know if they are gnats or what they are but when I was mowing the yard last weekend, it was just constant bugs in my face. Blech. Ok, anyway, power is back on, and today should be a decent day.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a very rough 18 hours! I hate power outages. Fortunately for us, we don't lose cold water during them. I hope your play date goes nice tomorrow! Chicken and ribs on the smoker sounds amazing! We lost our bbq in the last big storm and haven't bought a new one yet. I hate cooking inside during the summer! Oh and gnats suck! I think I hate them even more than mosquitoes because there are always just so many of them. There are always swarms of them in our yard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...