Sunday, January 17, 2010

Today is the little man's due date. Can I officially say he's late? I know there is still so many hours left in this day, but I just don't feel like labor will be starting anytime soon. I have been driving myself nuts waiting on him to get here. It is a combination of wanting to hold, know him and then just feeling so uncomfortable. I'm curious as to how much life will change once he is here. Will we all have a huge adjustment to make, or will it just flow smoothly?
We have the name narrowed down to 2. Looks like we may wait to see him before we decide. I wonder how much he will look like his brother, or his dad for that matter! I know he will be bigger! I can feel that! Dylan was born with dark black hair. Will this little one be the same or will he be bald? It will be interesting to see how much he is his own person but at the same time, how similar he is to his brother.
I really just want to meet him. I have enjoyed being pregnant for the most part. It hasn't always been easy, and I have done my share of complaining, but overall, it was an enjoyable pregnancy. Part of it I think is that this will be the last one.
Once he gets here, I will want him to stay little. I think that I will want to hold on to that infant stage just a little more. Sadly though, I cannot stop time. I haven't mastered that power yet. I'm not saying that the infant stage is easy, because it wasn't with Dylan. It was a lot of sleep deprivation, but they are just so cute, sweet and innocent. After the infant stage, its not easy to get them to lay in your arms. They get too nosey, or too busy.
So since little man decided not to make his entrance today, we will go after him tomorrow. We are to be at the hospital at 6 am so that I can be induced. It is an unknown process to me. I have never been through it, so I am a little nervous. Dylan will be here at home safe and sound with my grandparents. He will have a wonderful time.
So once we get home, I will have a name for him as well as pictures! Wish us all luck.
We can't wait to meet you little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...