Monday, January 11, 2010

Blah. I'm sad to say that I am sooo done being pregnant. I really have kind of enjoyed it this time around, knowing we probably wont have anymore. But now that I am 39 weeks along, I am ready to have the baby. I hurt a lot. My hips mainly. At night the pain seems to be worse, so of course all of this sleep that I should be getting right now isn't happening. My appointment is on Thursday and it can't come soon enough. I am curious to see if I have progressed at all. Also, I believe they may let me set a date for induction. As long as I reach my due date, they should let us schedule something. My due date is on Sunday, so I am hoping that next week will be the date for baby. While being induced isn't ideal and it does scare me some, I am ready. I worry too about the size of this little one. Dylan was about 6 and half pounds, which was ideal. I'm worried that this one will be much bigger. Why I have this fear, I don't know, I just do. This morning, I felt a little nauseous and part of me hoped that maybe it was my body's way of getting ready for things. But here I am 12 hours later and nothing. I think that feeling only lasted a couple of hours. I just got busy and didn't notice it anymore. Oh well, still waiting. Not so much patiently anymore though.
We have been working on potty training Dylan. Since last Wednesday, the 6th I believe. It's not going too bad. There are a couple of accidents each day. I just have to ask him every 15 minutes or so if he needs to go, because he won't tell me that he needs to most of the time. We put him straight into underwear. He wears those during the day except for nap which he is still in a diaper for. And of course at night. Night training just has to come on it's own I believe. His bladder has to have the capacity to hold it for all those hours. Anyway, it's really not that bad. There aren't any fights about going potty. It either happens or it doesn't. When he does to potty I will give him 4 mini marshmallows as a reward and that seems to be working well enough for now. I didn't buy diapers this week! I have about 1/2 of a box to last me for a while. If we are out and about I still make him wear one. Too many distractions. We are still early in this whole process, so I'm just trying not to expect too much all at once and we will take it slow.
More on Thursday after the appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...